Estonia, as a digital nation, is a frontrunner in the world regarding ICT solutions. Tartu, with our talented minds and ambitious entrepreneurs, offers all the benefits of e-Estonia and Smart City Tartu. The rapidly growing ICT ecosystem has attracted the attention of venture capitalists, as well as foreign ICT companies.
Our ICT and electronics sector is characterized by a few leading companies like Playtech, Mobi Lab, Nortal, Mooncascade, Fortumo and many eager startups. The ICT-favourable environment has allowed huge companies like Skype, Bolt and Pipedrive to open their development centres here.
The key strengths of this sector include successful spin-off companies, a highly qualified workforce, and a professional and functioning cooperative network between universities, research centres and companies. The ecosystem is also supported by several technological institutions, such as Tartu Science Park, the University of Tartu Technology Institute & Institute of Computer Sciences, and the European Space Agency Business Incubation Centre, S2B Launchpad.
- Public sector solutions – Nortal, Helmes
- B2C software (Saas) – Pipedrive
- Fintech – Fortumo
- Security, e-Health – Nortal
- Cybersecurity – Messente, Veriff, CGI
- Smart City – Positium, Ridango, Bercman Technologies, Reach-U, EyeVi Technologies
- Agritech – eAgronom, Click&Grow, Kappazeta
- Software development – Mooncascade, Mobi Lab, Skype, Bolt